Laser Pointers and Handheld Lasers|
Laser Pointers: Low power, safe for general use
High-Powered Handheld Lasers: Extreme range, thermal effects, etc. (Scroll down for full list.)
- Laser pointers are great tools for business presentations, academic lectures, speaking engagements, astronomy, star-pointing, etc.
- Green laser pointers are 5 to 20 times brighter than traditional red laser pointers, so visibility is much better on projection screens, HDTVs, etc.
- Exotic laser pointer colors like blue, violet, and yellow draw more attention to your presentation.
- High-powered handheld lasers can be up to 400 times more powerful than a normal laser pointer.
- High-powered lasers can generate heat at close range. Extreme caution is to be exercised while employing these lasers.
- The range of a high-powered laser can be as far as the horizon will allow you to see.
- Common commercial applications for high-powered handheld lasers are: commercial bird abatement at golf courses and airports, long-range antenna alignment, signaling, and long-range illumination.
Laser Pointers (presentations, astronomy/star-pointing, etc.)
High-Powered Handheld Lasers (Astronomy, thermal experiments, long-distance illumination, etc.)