A complete hardware kit for optogenetics research
In collaboration with optogenetics research community, we've put together this hardware kit designed specifically for new and expanding optogenetics labs. The kit includes all of the optics and accessories that you need to attach the laser to your subject. All components have been specially selected to work together, to eliminate compatibility issues and let you move forward with confidence.
The optogenetics starter kit includes the following:
- FC/PC fiber coupler
- Attaches the laser to the optical fiber. Designed for maximum coupling efficiency with commonly-used optogenetics fibers.
- Includes installation and alignment, if laser is purchased at the same time.
- 3 m of fiber with 200 Ám core and integrated rotary joint
- The integrated rotary joint allows free movement without tangling or twisting the fiber.
- 5 x 5 mm cannula implants
- 200 Ám, 0.39 NA, 5 mm length, 1.25 mm diameter
- 5 x 10 mm cannula implants
- 200 Ám, 0.39 NA, 10 mm length, 1.25 mm diameter
- 10 x ceramic fiber mating ferrules
- Allows two lengths of fiber to be directly attached to one another.
- Fiber Clip
- Laserglow exclusive product: Attaches the fiber securely to the breadboard so that subject movement does not cause changes in the fiber coupling alignment.
- Handheld Signal Generator
- Produces the modulation signal which is used to drive the laser. Compact, portable, and easy to use.
- BNC cable (6 feet)
- Attaches the signal generator to the laser's modulation input.